The Adega Cooperativa de Vidigueira, Cuba e Alvito, crl. (hereinafter, Vidigueira Winery), having its registered office at Bairro Industrial, 7960-305 Vidigueira and Legal Entity Number 500008191 is the owner of the domain adegavidigueira.pt, where the website is hosted.
Vidigueira Winery, as the data controller, is committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of its customers and website users and has therefore developed and adopted this policy and the practices described herein.
What is this policy about?
What is personal data?
Personal data is all information relating to a person and which identifies him or makes him identifiable, whatever the nature and medium of the information, including the person’s sound and image.
Examples of personal data we collect are your name and email address when you contact us via the contact form.
An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or other factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
How shall we use your personal data?
- Vidigueira Winery shall use the personal data you provide us for the following purposes:
- To make a reservation related to the activities promoted on the website;
- To analyse and respond to your messages, customer support and enquiries;
- To keep a record of your contact details;
- To create your customer account on the website and allow you to enjoy its features;
- To keep your registration and customer data in the customer area;
- To process your online purchase;
- For website management operations;
- For commercial purposes, such as data analysis, audits;
- For fraud prevention and information systems security;
- For the adaptation, improvement and modification of services, namely by identifying usage trends, or to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
- These personal data processing operations are an essential tool for your satisfaction and for the activity of Vidigueira Winery and are carried out in accordance with applicable legislation and best practices.
- Your personal data shall not be reused for other purposes that are not previously identified or that have no connection with those purposes for which they were initially collected.
What are the grounds for processing the personal data we collect?
The personal data that Vidigueira Winery processes is based on specific grounds, depending on the purposes for which it is intended.
In the following table you can see the respective grounds according to the purposes identified above:
|To make a reservation related to the activities promoted on the website.||Pre-contractual steps and execution of the agreement.|
|To analyse and respond to your messages, customer support and enquiries.||Consent for that specific purpose.|
|To keep a record of your contact details.||Consent for that specific purpose.|
|To create your customer account on the WEBSITE and allow you to use its features.||Consent for that specific purpose.|
|To keep your registration and customer data in the customer area.||Pre-contractual steps and execution of the agreement.|
|To process your online purchase.||Pre-contractual steps and execution of the agreement.|
|For website management operations.||Consent for that specific purpose (cookies);
Legitimate interests pursued by Vidigueira Winery.
|For commercial purposes, such as data analysis, audits.||Consent for that specific purpose (cookies);
Legitimate interests pursued by Vidigueira Winery.
|For fraud prevention and information systems security.||Legitimate interests pursued by Vidigueira Winery.|
|For the adaptation, improvement and modification of services, namely by identifying usage trends, or to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.||Consent for that specific purpose (cookies);
Legitimate interests pursued by Vidigueira Winery.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data that Vidigueira Winery collects and processes are only those necessary and appropriate for the purposes stated above.
Vidigueira Winery shall collect and process the following personal data:
|To make a reservation related to the activities promoted on the website.||Name and email.|
|To analyse and respond to your messages, customer support and enquiries.||Name and email.|
|To keep a record of your contact details.||Name and email.|
|To create your customer account on the website and allow you to enjoy its features.||First name, surname, company name, country/region, full address (shipping and/or billing address), postcode, postcode town, district, telephone and email.|
|To keep your registration and customer data in the customer area.||First name, surname, company name, country/region, full address (shipping and/or billing address), postcode, postcode town, district, telephone and email.|
|To process your online purchase.||First name, surname, company name, country/region, full address (shipping and/or billing address), postcode, postcode town, district, telephone, email, payment details.|
|For website management operations.||Cookie data.|
|For commercial purposes, such as data analysis, audits.||Cookie data.|
|For fraud prevention and information systems security.||IP address; cookie data.|
|For the adaptation, improvement and modification of services, namely by identifying usage trends, or, to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.||Cookie data.|
How do we collect your personal data?
- We shall collect your personal data through the forms on the website, but also through the website and the communication it makes with your equipment and the e-mail messages you send us.
- Your personal data is collected via your equipment as follows:
- Through your browser;
- Through cookies;
- Through pixel tags and other similar technologies;
- IP address;
- Through your User details.
- Vidigueira Winery is committed to handling your data in a lawful and legitimate manner.
- Vidigueira Winery’s services are not directed to minors and no personal data of minors is intentionally processed.
- Cookies are small information files that help identify your browser and can store information, for example, settings and user preferences.
- Vidigueira Winery shall store cookies on your device to personalise and facilitate browsing, but also for troubleshooting, statistics, quality assurance, and to monitor system security.
- With the exception of cookies specifically necessary for the performance of the website, the storage of other cookies shall always depend on the User’s acceptance and consent, and this consent may be withdrawn at any time through specific browser tools.
- To find out more about the cookies we use you should check our Cookies Policy.
What are pixel tags and other similar technologies?
Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, for example, track the actions of Service users (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics on Service usage and response rates.
How do we protect your personal data?
- Your personal data is kept secure through the adoption of various security measures, of a technical and organisational nature, which guarantee that only those Employees who are required to access it have access to the personal data, in accordance with the rules created for this purpose.
- To protect your personal data we only use data centre providers who provide us with adequate and documented security measures, in particular, guarantees that your personal data is stored on servers that are kept in controlled environments with limited access.
- Personal data is kept in secure servers at A Adega Cooperativa de Vidigueira, Cuba e Alvito, crl (hereinafter, “Vidigueira Winery”) Legal Entity Number  and registered office at Bairro Industrial, 7960-305 Vidigueira, which offers the appropriate security guarantees to protect personal data against disclosure, loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised processing or access, as well as against any other form of unlawful processing.
- Likewise, when you browse the WEBSITE, we protect your data with encryption, such as Transport Layer Security (TLS, a security protocol that protects internet telecommunications) and your password is stored using a one-way hash, meaning that it cannot be retrieved (or disclosed) by anyone, including Vidigueira Winery, and can only be reset.
- Although we take the care and precautions we believe appropriate to protect the personal data you provide and we collect, you should be aware that no security system is impenetrable.
- Thus, you should take certain precautions, such as, for example, you should keep your password secret and not disclose it to anyone else; if you believe that your password has been misused, you should notify us immediately; you should also make sure to start and end your session each time you close your browser.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
|To make a reservation for the activities promoted on the WEBSITE.||For the period necessary for the performance of the agreement.|
|To analyse and respond to your messages, customer support and enquiries.||2 years.|
|To keep a record of your contact details.||2 years.|
|To create your customer account on the website and allow you to enjoy its features.||For as long as you are registered as a customer and wish to use the respective website services.|
|To keep your registration and customer data in the customer area.||2 years.|
|To process your online purchase.||For the period necessary for the performance of the agreement.|
|For website management operations.||2 years.|
|For commercial purposes, such as data analysis, audits.||2 years.|
|For fraud prevention and information systems security.||2 years.|
|For the adaptation, improvement and modification of services, namely by identifying usage trends, or, to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.||2 years.|
If the law provides for a specific or mandatory period, the data shall be kept for that period. In all other cases, personal data shall be kept at most for the times indicated above, periods that Vidigueira Winery considers sufficient to fulfil the purposes.
At the end of the retention period, all personal data collected shall be deleted.
How you can exercise your rights:
- Before we explain how you can exercise your rights, you should know what they are. Thus, legislation gives you the right to ask us to exercise the following rights:
- Access: right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is being processed and, if so, the right to access your personal data;
- Rectification: the right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- Erasure: the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data when one of the grounds listed in the legislation applies;
- Limitation of processing: the right to obtain limitation of processing if one of the situations listed in the legislation applies;
- Opposition: the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you;
- Portability: the right to receive personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (in Portugal, Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados at www.cnpd.pt)
- To exercise the above rights you should contact the Vidigueira Winery through our contact form.
- Should you request us to delete any or all of your personal information, some of the services you have requested may not be provided to you and Vidigueira Winery shall retain only the personal information necessary to comply with its legal obligations.
When do we communicate data to third parties?
- Vidigueira Winery may use third parties to provide certain services, such as maintenance, technical support, marketing, invoicing or payment management, or reservation management, which may have access to some of the personal data, namely, the data necessary for the retained purposes.
- Vidigueira Winery assures that the entities that have access to the data are credible and offer high guarantees of protection, never being transmitted to them data beyond what is necessary to provide the retained service, however, Vidigueira Winery shall remain responsible for the personal data provided.
- For example, for the purposes of data centre management, the
- Vidigueira Winery may also communicate your data to companies of the corporate group to which it belongs and with which it has commercial partnerships for the creation and offer of benefits.
- Vidigueira Winery may also transmit data to third parties as part of investigations, enquiries and judicial or administrative processes or of a similar nature, as long as this is duly ordered by a court order to that effect.
Third party websites.
The website may contain links to other websites which may collect and process your personal data and, such processing is the sole responsibility of the owners of those websites, and Vidigueira Winery is not liable for their policies and/or practices.
Example of these third parties are Fareharbor, Facebook and Instagram, through the buttons on the website.
Data transfers outside the European Union.
Should data transfers occur to third countries outside the European Union, Vidigueira Winery shall comply with legal rules, particularly with regard to the suitability of the destination country in relation to the protection of personal data and requirements, which are applicable to such transfers, and personal data shall not be transferred to jurisdictions that do not offer guarantees of safety and protection.
The website is not aimed at minors under the age of 18, so we request that these minors do not provide us with personal data via the website, app, social media and social networks or emails.
Sensitive personal data.
Vidigueira Winery appreciates that you do not send or disclose to us any sensitive personal data, i.e. information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic information, biometric information, health data or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Should you still send or make such categories of personal data known to us, they shall be deleted immediately.
Our contact details.
11 March 2021. Vidigueira (Portugal)